Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Toller Toller is offline

Default One half done!

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Toller, sorry for rolling into this thread so late, but I've been
busy.

I have turned some willow with good success, but mind you not all
willow is the same, however I would in a blunt kind of way say that
your turning skill does need some improvement ;-*)))

I won't disagree with you there, but this is just the rough cut; I will have
a chance to clean it up once it is dry.
The wood towards the center was much more subject to tear out than the rest.
you will note that the small bowl, and the bottom of the large bowl are
okay.
I didn't get my cut in the right place, so the top of the big bowl is the
center of the log.