Posted to alt.home.repair
Ray Ray is offline

Default Customized Air Conditioning? ? ?

Thanks -- looks promising. I wonder about the cost.

"Arkadiy" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 25, 3:57 pm, "Ray" wrote:
We live in an L-shaped, five-room apartment with 1600 square feet.
(Exluding
hall, kitchen, and 2 baths.)

For several years we have used a 23,000 BTU window air conditioning unit
which cools the entire apartment adequately for our needs.

The only problem is, it makes a lot more noise than we like.

Would it be possible to place the entire unit on the outside, probably on
platform just below the window, and rig up some customized ducts to
handle
the intake and outflow to carry the air into the apartment? This would
involve some sheet-metal fabrication, of course, and I'm sure we would
still
hear some noise, but diminished. But the cost would be a great deal less
than central air.

Any ideas welcome.

Looks like you may want to take a look at this:

http://www.dulley.com/docs/f421.htm

Regards,
Arkadiy