Posted to rec.woodworking
todd todd is offline

Default drywalling shop

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
.net...
whit3rd wrote:

Gee, your code calls for EMT inside walls of a finished area?
Anywhere else, it's considered fire-safe to put sheetrock over
Romex.

The NEC applies everywhere except Chicago, where what is known as "Hogan's
code" is in effect.

If you supply equipment to Chicago, you factor "Hogan's code" into the
price.

At least that's what used to be the case.

Lew

To be honest, I've never heard it referred to as "Hogan's code", but from
other discussions I've read here and elsewhere, the residential electrical
code around here has to be just about the most strict in the country. I've
always assumed the rules are in place to protect union electricians. Every
time I see a home improvement show where people are running Romex, I think
"yeah, that would be easier".

todd