Posted to uk.d-i-y
clot clot is offline

Default Snails and mortar

ARWadsworth wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message ...
wrote:
On 25 Jun, 16:21, Mogga wrote:
My BF's mum pointed out some big gaps in the mortar on her porch
and claims the snails are eating it.

Do they?
And what's the cure?
--http://www.orderonlinepickupinstore.co.uk
Ah fetch it yourself if you can't wait for
deliveryhttp://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk Or get it delivered for
free

Scatter some salt around the area.
Should keep the snails away.

It might season the concrete so they enjoy it more :-) Go on, add
some black pepper as well :-)

Anyone else had a snail infestation these last few months?

Yup! Provided Noah doesn't come by this evening with his ark, you will
find plenty more over the next few weeks. I'm guessing this will be a
bumper year for snails.

They have not eaten my mortar but are over the house walls (outside),
pathways and fences. Even on the van wheels in a morning. I wonder
how far I drive before they fall off?