Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian G Brian G is offline

Default Router door hindge recess?

normanwisdom wrote:
On 24 Jun, 16:11, "Brian G" wrote:
Stuart Noble wrote:
As you can see a sharp chisel is a lot quicker if you don't have
things already set up. With a chisel just mark the outline of the
hinge and chop the depth into the mark that runs parallel to the
rebate in the frame. Two smat whacks is just about all you need.

But you need to know how to sharpen the chisel

http://www.seadercraft.com/model_woodwork.html

Brian G

It's swap sharpening links time! Here's mine:
http://www.owdman.co.uk/joinery/sharpening.htm

cheers
Jacob

Jacob,

Very interesting - but when I was an apprentice some 40 years ago, if I
produced a 'rounded' bevel on a chisel or plane iron I got 'rounded' - an
open hand 'around' the earhole with the instructions to re-grind the f*****g
thing and do it properly this time!

Now what about the amateur and the novice sharpening a hand saw - or even
worse a tenon saw? And this was in the days before 'jack-saws' and 'hard
points' were even though off!

Ah the fun of it all!

Brian G