Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek Geldard Derek Geldard is offline

Default P.A.T. and hospitals.

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 19:35:59 GMT, T i m wrote:

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 19:42:22 +0100, Steve Walker
wrote:

Yeah, I saw that on the news a while back. I know they have to make a
living out of this sort of stuff but some of the prices did seem a bit
high (especially the telephone costs and I might consider that an
'essential' if you are bed ridden, aren't allowed to use your own
phone and need to stay in touch with family etc.

Any phone conversation in a closed community isolates the individual
from what is going on in their surroundings.

I once went to pick up a relative (Mother in law) who had been in for
a knee operation.

I'd been given a time of 9-00am, the car parking gestapo guy let me
in, but then started harrassing me after 5 minutes because our
relative hadn't come out and we hadn't buggered off.

When she finally came out, about 9-40am it turned out that she was
packed and all ready to leave the ward on time but "The Doctor" came
in and started "His rounds". Semingly no-one was allowed to walk
through the ward whilst "The Doctor" was doing "His Rounds", meanwhile
I was being constantly abused by the car park gestapo outside.

So-oo I just wonder how "The Doctor" would react to going into a ward
where half of the inmates were ratcheting on the phone. Would he
expect all of them to immediately terminate their conversations, so he
could promenade through the ward in Papal Majesty, Palm Fronds laid
before his feet?.

Then there is the question of 'would you want to convalesce in a bed
next to someone running their business on the phone all day ...' (mind
you, they would probably do that anyway no mater what the charges
were).

Billions of arseholes in this world.

DG