Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default P.A.T. and hospitals.

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 19:42:22 +0100, Steve Walker
wrote:

p.s. It's when you see / hear of all this broken / faulty stuff makes
me want to go round and sort it all (for the patients rather than the
system) but I guess politics / HSE would stop you .. (and a good job
in some cases).

They had had patientline installed (with phone, radio, TV etc.), but
because it was an elderly ward, they all paid reduced rates and the company
made no profit - so they ripped it all out!

Yeah, I saw that on the news a while back. I know they have to make a
living out of this sort of stuff but some of the prices did seem a bit
high (especially the telephone costs and I might consider that an
'essential' if you are bed ridden, aren't allowed to use your own
phone and need to stay in touch with family etc.

Then there is the question of 'would you want to convalesce in a bed
next to someone running their business on the phone all day ...' (mind
you, they would probably do that anyway no mater what the charges
were).

All the best ..

T i m