Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default P.A.T. and hospitals.

In article ,
T i m writes:
On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 05:32:19 -0700, "
wrote:
In a similar situation, but a residential home rather than a hospital,
brand new items were OK, only used items had to be tested first.

Ah, there's a thought. Especially if it was brand new, exactly the
same as they had and we were going to leave it there ;-)

I wrote the rules for a former employer. That specified that
brand new appliances with molded-on mains plugs didn't need
testing unless there was any suspicion of damage in transit.
In our situation, I deemed that to be an acceptable risk,
and never did come across anything which failed dangerously
as a result.

--
Andrew Gabriel