Posted to rec.woodworking
10x 10x is offline

Default drywalling shop

In article , todd
wrote:

I need to get some kind of interior finish on my shop walls now that they're
insulated, and I can't come up with a better idea than drywall.

I'm in the process of finishing up my new shop. At the suggestion of a
local contractor (cousin through marriage), I covered the interior
walls with OSB (oriented strand board) smooth side out.

The 7/16" OSB was about half the price of 1/2" drywall at the local
borg. With a little care, the seams tend to disappear after painting.
For the one or two seams that were a little stubborn, a some paintable
caulk before painting took care of them.

Well, that's what worked for me, anyway. The added benefit is that I
don't have to worry about poking boards through the drywall.

Joe

aka 10x