Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] bob.smithson@googlemail.com is offline

Default Mira Sport Shower Not Heating Properly

On 24 Jun, 17:53, fred wrote:
Just to add, the reason that it has dropped in power and not failed
completely is that these things invariably use 2 separate elements, one of
which appears to have failed. Each element should be in the range
10-12ohms so they're easy to check. As this one appears to have failed
with leakage to earth I'd be inclined to isolate it straight away.

Thanks for the advice. Could you give some more details on how I go
about checking the element. | have a cheap multimeter thing but I'm
not much of an expert on using it. (Mainly just used it for
continuity testing.)

Except for the electronically controlled ones these are very simple to work
on but be aware that you are combining a high amperage power supply,
water and naked bodies so best to treat them with respect.

Which are the electronically controlled ones? Mine is this one as in
the link Matt sent:

http://www.showerdoc.co.uk/shower-spares/mira/mira-sport-current.htm

Thanks

Bob