Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default 220V Plug in Thermostat

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 22:18:52 -0500, Logan Shaw
wrote:

hapless wrote:

(Doug Miller) wrote in
news

In article , hapless
wrote:

Anyone know where I can get a 220V Plug in Thermostat so I can
regulate my apartment wall air cond. and don't have utility bills
through the roof (figuratively speaking)? Searched, but no luck.

It doesn't have a temperature control on it already?

The do nothing maintenance people took the cover off so it is difficult
to determine what setting is low. In any case the blower is on
continuously when I am gone. Does the blower itself use that much power
or is the main power drain due to the compressor/cooling?

Are you sure there's a compressor? If it has settings like Low, Medium,
and High, and the blower runs all the time, could it be a chilled water
system?

You misunderstood him. He said the blower is on all the time. That's
typical of room ac's last I looked.

- Logan