Posted to rec.woodworking
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default drywalling shop

Roy wrote in
:

*snip*

Drywall was a mistake. I will have some sort of solid siding for the
next (and last) shop. This will be the ultimate shop, as I intend to
spend my retirement in it. The cost will be a bit more than with
drywall, but since I expect to use it for another 20 years, it will be
worth it. Nothing fancy, but someplace with all the wiring hidden,
and white painted ply or T&G or wafer board so I can hang something
where ever I darn well please. I do this with the current shop, but
sometimes it entails head scratching and finding the darn stud sensor.

Regards,
Roy

If I was hanging things on a regular basis, I'd probably find a couple
studs and discretely mark their location on the wall. (Up near the
cieling or down near the floor. Just a 1/2" line on each side of the
stud gives you something to go off of, especially if you know your stud
spacing's consistent.)

Wonder if we could get an issue of some magazine like "Better Homes and
Gardens" to publish a room where blue chalk lines 16 inch on center are
part of the decor. :-)

Puckdropper