Jim Stewart

Default Tek Scopes (was Run caps?)

DoN. Nichols wrote:

In article ,
Gary Coffman wrote:

On 30 Mar 2004 23:20:56 -0500, (DoN. Nichols) wrote:

In article ,
Gary Coffman wrote:

[ ... ]

Dean Kidd is about the best source for obsolete Tek parts.

Thanks! I've found a snail-mail address for him with a Google
search, so I'll be trying to contact him soon.

Dean was in charge of designing the 453A, the best scope Tek ever
made (I have 3 of them).

Then you've never owned a 485, my personal favorite.

While I have two of the 454. Same package, higher bandwidth
(150 MHz vs 50 MHz) and nuvistors on the front ends, instead of FETs.
(We had some of each where I worked, and as we worked with high voltage,
every so often an input FET on a 453 would get zapped, and they were
hard to find. The 454s never suffered from that.)

He bought the entire set of spares for it
when he retired. He also got parts for other models as Tek was
emptying the warehouse. If anyone has the part you need, or at
least has the best chance of knowing where to get it, he's the guy.

Great,

Thanks,
DoN.

P.S. Does he have an e-mail address? It wasn't in the information
which I found. If so, you had probably better send it in
private e-mail, or at least break it up so the spammers won't
harvest it from the newsgroup, since he doesn't post here at all

No sense exposing him to the garbage if he isn't already getting
it.