Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair
Robert Allison Robert Allison is offline

Default 220V Plug in Thermostat

hapless wrote:

(Doug Miller) wrote in
news

In article , hapless
wrote:

Anyone know where I can get a 220V Plug in Thermostat so I can
regulate my apartment wall air cond. and don't have utility bills
through the roof (figuratively speaking)? Searched, but no luck.

It doesn't have a temperature control on it already?

The do nothing maintenance people took the cover off so it is difficult
to determine what setting is low. In any case the blower is on
continuously when I am gone. Does the blower itself use that much power
or is the main power drain due to the compressor/cooling? I would like
to be able to shut the whole damn thing off over a 10 degree spread in
temperature, but maybe your right, that this would lead to an early
demise in the entire unit.

Main power drain is the compressor. Tell your maintenance
people to fix it so you can set it correctly or pay your
additional cooling bills.

Almost all HVAC systems will do what you are asking for yours
to do without any additional equipment. Get your maintenance
people to explain your system to you and instruct you on how
to set it to achieve the desired result.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.