Posted to alt.home.repair
Rudy Rudy is offline

Default aqua (bluish green) tint to water

In Vancouver area, the "city" water comes from a lake up in the mountains
in North Vancouver. When I filled our hot tub, lo ! the water had a green
tinge to it !

Then I thought..what color is the water in the lake (before they send it
down the pipe)..

GREEN

We have a new house in the Ottawa area that is only 1 year old. We
have all PVC piping and we've noticed over the last several days that
we now have a greenish bluish tint to the water. We don't see the
tint in small cups of water but it's definitely noticeable when filing
up a bathtub.