Posted to alt.home.repair
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default Stupid question #243

"Norminn" wrote

We just had fascia boards covered with aluminum on our condo. There is a
small 1x1 or so strip at the top under the drip cap. The alum. was made
to fit the shape of the surface and fit under the drip cap and the bottom
of the fascia, covering old wood fascia entirely.

Actually, I have considered that, though my house has wood
siding. My neighbors did that. Of course, they would have to
affix the fascia to the house, the problem is that it's separating
from the house.

installer would do this. We tried for several years to get a carpenter to
replace the wood fascia but couldn't find anyone young enough to do second
story )

Heh. What I need is one of those teams from Designed to Sell, apparently
all master carpenters who can do *anything*, and in a day or so, at that.
They could re-tile my bathroom floor and install a new vanity while they
were here.

nancy