Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin'  Man is offline

Default Stupid question #243

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 16:03:59 -0400, "Nancy Young" wrote:

"Puddin' Man" wrote

Gotta brother, boy friend or whatever with a ladder? :-)

(laugh) If I had a handy person around with a truck and some free
time, I sure wouldn't be bothering you guys.

There's a big difference between:

a.) Asking a "Hairy Beast" to buy materials, load truck, do a
4-12 hour job.
b.) Asking a "Hairy Beast" to take 20 min., go up the ladder,
size a job up, see what you really need.

Might wanna try this:

Pick the 6 most reputable-looking "Gutter Install and Repair" firms
out the yellow pages.

Run all 6 against BBB. Call the 3 with the best records and offering
free estimate.

Google "homeowner contracting" and read very carefully.

Walk the estimators around the house and determine which sounds
the most knowledgable and honest. And hire 'em.

Luck,
Puddin'

"Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens!"
-Friedrich Schiller