Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Stupid question #243

Nancy Young wrote:

I got a million of 'em.

I need to replace the fascia board on the front of my house.
'I' meaning, I need to call someone who will do that. Attached
(and I use that word very loosely) to this board is the gutter.

Who should I call? Gutter installers won't know anything about
replacing that wood part, would they? I don't particularly need
new gutters, so if I call a carpenter, do you think they would take
off and replace the gutter?

Or do I need to call both a carpenter (? or who?) and a gutter
installer.

nancy

We just had fascia boards covered with aluminum on our condo. There is
a small 1x1 or so strip at the top under the drip cap. The alum. was
made to fit the shape of the surface and fit under the drip cap and the
bottom of the fascia, covering old wood fascia entirely. I saw rolls of
flat alum. on the truck so I think they had a way of extruding it to
fit....I should have watched. I suspect a gutter or aluminum siding
installer would do this. We tried for several years to get a carpenter
to replace the wood fascia but couldn't find anyone young enough to do
second story )