Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default How can I solder a pipe that has a bit of water in it?

If you are afraid of the bread method . . . .

Often you can cut apart more of the pipe. You don't tell what is
causing the drip, but cut out enough pipe to get beyond it.
Solder up all the low joints and save a high joint for the final
solder work.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Stubby" wrote in message
news
I'm trying to insert a 6" section of 3/4" copper tubing in a
heating pipe that runs through a channel in my house slab. I
have the zone disabled, the water into the boiler turned off,
the drain valve on that zone open and a spigot used to release
air and facilitate draining open.

But there is a constant drop of water in one side of the pipe
that I intend to solder. I know I can't solder a wet pipe.
I'm reluctant to try the old bread trick. Is there any kind of
"solder", maybe epoxy that will work with the wet pipe?

Suppose I fail in the repair attempt (this is the third time!).
Is there some sort of clamp that will seal off the leaking
joint?

TIA.