Posted to alt.home.repair
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default Stupid question #243

"Banty" wrote

In article , Nancy Young
says...

I need a list of competent people I could just pick from.
Having a carpenter I could trust would be a very good thing
for me.

You just have to dive in, and find someone, and use him (or her - heck, I
had a
lady mason!) again if it works out well.

Yeah, I struck out the first time in a bad way and it's made me leery.

Start with recommendations from trusted friends, coworkers, and neighbors.
If
none are forthcoming from there, ask a local lumber yard. That's how I
found my
excellent GC. Didn't have anyone, needed new doors installed, went with
the
installation guy my local lumber yard/hardware store had on their list. I
lucked out. But that's how it has to be sometimes.

Interesting idea. Maybe I'll give that a try. Thanks.

nancy