Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin'  Man is offline

Default Stupid question #243

You *might* be OK if you can find a good, reliable "Gutter Repair"
contractor, but what you -really- need is someone who can size
up such a job. Most of such critters can be described as "Hairy Beasts
Of The Fifth Appendage", 'scuse my French.

For instance, if your fascia in back and on sides is not really
solid, fiddling the front (only) *could* be a waste of time and $.

A truly good and honest estimator might tell you the same thing,
but it's always better if you know "up front", and such
estimators can be rare.

Gotta brother, boy friend or whatever with a ladder? :-)

Good Luck,
Puddin'

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 12:37:36 -0400, "Nancy Young" wrote:

I got a million of 'em.

I need to replace the fascia board on the front of my house.
'I' meaning, I need to call someone who will do that. Attached
(and I use that word very loosely) to this board is the gutter.

Who should I call? Gutter installers won't know anything about
replacing that wood part, would they? I don't particularly need
new gutters, so if I call a carpenter, do you think they would take
off and replace the gutter?

Or do I need to call both a carpenter (? or who?) and a gutter
installer.

nancy

"Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens!"
-Friedrich Schiller