Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default How can I solder a pipe that has a bit of water in it?

On Jun 24, 1:56 pm, Stubby
wrote:
I'm trying to insert a 6" section of 3/4" copper tubing in a heating
pipe that runs through a channel in my house slab. I have the zone
disabled, the water into the boiler turned off, the drain valve on that
zone open and a spigot used to release air and facilitate draining open.

But there is a constant drop of water in one side of the pipe that I
intend to solder. I know I can't solder a wet pipe. I'm reluctant to
try the old bread trick. Is there any kind of "solder", maybe epoxy
that will work with the wet pipe?

Suppose I fail in the repair attempt (this is the third time!). Is
there some sort of clamp that will seal off the leaking joint?

You could try one of the new compression fittings that don't require
soldering.
http://www.hatcreekoutfit.com/xcart/...cat=561&page=1
They're sold at the big box stores.