Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Briggs&Stratton 16 HP

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 18:11:03 -0700, wrote:

I have 16hp single cylinder horizontal B&G engine in my lawn tractor.
(Manufactured in 1976). An electronic ignition had been installed
before I purchased the tractor. The tractor ran well for 5 years. I
replaced the electronic iginition , a broken wire, and now the engine
will not fire. There is plenty of spark, the fuel supply is good and
the compression is good. Any suggestions? Could this be related to
timing?

Thanks Clyde

Are you sitting on the tractor seat when trying to start the engine?

They do/might have a safety switch under the seat.

Cutting blade tight and secure?

--
Oren