Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] bigjim@backpacker.com is offline

Default Home Depot Wants $100 to Measure Kitchen

They were an actual chimney company. I guess the so-called
"legitimate" contractors like to bad mouth others to feel they are
worth more. Hey I' am a professional with a good salary but anytime
I can make $50 for 30 minutes work I'll take it!!!!

On Jun 24, 10:56 am, Mick Collens wrote:
wrote:
The guys who came out spent no more than 1/2 hour replacing chimney
cap. They got $50. That's $100/hour labor. So they made what you so
generously pay your
plumber. They also have a satisfied customer (fair price, good work)
who will call again if needed for chimney work and who will tell
everyone abut them. The jokers who show up and say "I wont take a
ladder off a truck for $40" arent likely to get repeat business and
certainly not recommendations. Neighbors are quick to tell others how
much a contractor is a ripoff artist.

You hired a couple of handy people. They probably go dumpster diving
when not attempting to "do anything for a buck".

I'm amazed how you figure up worker's labor. No travel time, no
overhead, just pure profit. Ignorance never ceases to amaze me.

I wouldn't let bums do work on my property, let alone step on my roof,
for the simple fact of liability issues.