Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default P.A.T. and hospitals.

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 16:18:52 +0100, Steve Walker
wrote:

The NHS trusts seem to insist that absolutely everything is tested before
they'll accept it - whereas every private company I've worked at (and as a
contractor, that's a fair few) accept brand new, still in it's packaging
equipment as ok until the next round of testing.

Which I think makes sense, considering the cost of this stuff (but I
guess that doesn't actually mean much in itself). More likely they
want to minimise the risk of some big law suit should the worst
happen.

My mother-in-law was in hospital, terminally ill and immobile, with only
about a week to live.

;-(

She was shoved on a three bedded ward with a broken
TV and no phone and basically left to brood.

Nice (Not)

We suggested us buying a brand
new TV, but they insisted that it would have to be tested and that would
take at least a week!

That's compassion for you.

I ended up fixing the headset for my MIL when she was in hospital
last. I just did it quietly (even borrowing some Selotape off
reception in lieu of insulation tape g) and re-patched the wires
back inside one of the headset enclosures (always carry the Leatherman
PST).

Easier than trying to find a working replacement ...

All the best ..

T i m

p.s. It's when you see / hear of all this broken / faulty stuff makes
me want to go round and sort it all (for the patients rather than the
system) but I guess politics / HSE would stop you .. (and a good job
in some cases).