Posted to alt.home.repair
Shaun Eli Shaun Eli is offline

Default Rambling about CFL's and American Manufacturing

Leading American exports are aircraft and entertainment (music, TV,
films).

As someone else mentioned-- medical and scientific research leads to
products like pharmaceuticals. And then there's computers. I'm
pretty sure that while Intel may manufacture overseas much of its
research is done here. Microsoft is still located in the U.S. and
will probably remain here unless Bill Gates finds a country to buy and
moves everything there.

America's not going out of business just yet. We're simply
specializing in higher-value-added products and services, and leaving
the low-tech manufacturing to others.

One more thing-- I've found that many of the CFLs I've bought in
dollar stores don't seem to have anywhere near the light output they
claim. But the bulbs from stores like Home Depot work just fine.

Shaun Eli
www.BrainChampagne.com
Brain Champagne: Clever Comedy for Smart Minds (sm)