Posted to alt.home.repair
stainer stainer is offline

Default Home Depot Wants $100 to Measure Kitchen

I say give the window shoppers the free estimate without a plan
and if they want a plan, charge them $300 for it and it is NOT deducted
from the contract price.
at least this way you are being paid for your time and you didn't waste
more than 20 min. on a plan that a window shopper is expecting for free.

I usually give free estimates at the time of looking at the job,
then I inform them about the "design fee" to get a plan.

works like a charm
it usually weeds out the garden so to speak.

"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...
| On Jun 22, 7:39 pm, Brent Bolin wrote:
| On Jun 22, 5:27 pm, "ScottO" wrote:
|
| My friend is in the market for a kitchen remodel. He says Home
Depot wants