Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default attic access hole size

MiamiCuse wrote:

I have noticed that older houses typically have smaller access holes. My
1992 house the access to the attic opening is about 26"x26", and my 1972
house have five access holes to the attic and each one is only about
16"x16". This is too small for many people to get through - electricians,
pest control etc...

Does this mean in general the population is getting bigger over the years?

MC

Have you been off the planet for a while? Haven't heard all the
distress about obesity? Back in 1908, average life expectancy for men
was 45 yrs, average height about 5'8'. In another 20 years, the access
opening will be 60x60, with reinforced beams )