Posted to alt.home.repair
stainer stainer is offline

Default Home Depot Wants $100 to Measure Kitchen

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
| In article ,
| "stainer" wrote:
|
| I usually give free estimates at the time of looking at the job,
| then I inform them about the "design fee" to get a plan.
| Interesting how things work differently at different places. If you
| gave me an estimate and then mentioned the design fee (especially
since
| the fee is not credited toward the project if we accept) I would have
| tossed you out the door as trying to rip me off.

ripping you off..........how?
you got your free estimate (which you expected)
I never said you would get a free kitchen design.
designs take experience, knowledge and time.
my time is worth the money you would spend.

Especially since I am
| sure the actual bid doesn't always match up with estimate after you
get
| exactly everything down on paper.

my estimates are written in stone on paper or verbally