Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default P.A.T. and hospitals.

On 24 Jun 2007 11:52:03 GMT, Adrian wrote:

T i m ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying :

My missus recently (last Thurs week) had a new knee fitted (she didn't
fancy me d-i-y'ing it for some reason). g

p.s. If anyone here has been though this op and would like to share
any thoughs / advice off like please my addy is good. Thanks.

My father had a _pair_ of new knees simultaneously about 18 months ago.

He was brave.

Taking it easy then getting off his arse and *using* them asap meant that
he got signed off the post-op physio within record time.

The best plan I understand and was my wife's had she not had some
weird reaction to the spinal and morphine.

She had the op Thursday morning and was 'rough' for a good couple of
days. Physio came round over the weekend and gave her stuff to do
whilst in bed and she was waiting outside the gym first thing Monday
morning.

I strongly suspect
the fact he had both done, and therefore couldn't "go easy" on the done one
helped a lot.

I guess it must .. no choice etc? ;-)

She pushed herself to get the required 90 deg bend and short stairs
test to get out asap (in spite of being 'happy' there (good food, bed,
staff etc)) and I brought her home Wednesday lunchtime.

I believe she's doing all the right stuff but the bit that seems to
have her worried / upset / frustrated is she can't properly 'feel' her
foot from the instep to the heel. She can feel it as such but it's
just quite numb and she get's an uncomfortable sensation when trying
to walk 'normally' (heel toe etc).

Of course it's all still early days and a pretty major op but she
compares herself with the other patients having the same op at the
same time and apparently they weren't suffering the same lack of
feeling in the foot ..?

All the best ..

T i m