Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default P.A.T. and hospitals.

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 10:37:23 +0100, Mogga
wrote:

She's also (still) going through 'the change' so ranges from hot to
volcano at irregular but frequent intervals so we have electric fans
installed at strategic locations here in the house and she carries a
hand fan as a survival tool.

Has her GP prescribed anything for the flushes?

I think she was on HRT for a while but came off as it didn't' help
that much and she put on more weight. ;-(

TBH I'd speak to the doctor in charge and explain how uncomfortable
she is and see if he can get someone to come and see her about it so
they sort her out a fan or something to deal with them.

Luckily she's home now so has all the fan's she needs but as it
happens a 'different' (and more friendly nurse) found her another fan
in the middle of the next night.

All the best ..

T i m