Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default P.A.T. and hospitals.

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 12:04:04 +0100, "AndyT" wrote:

I assume they were talking about PAT here (not biological testing) and
I was wondering what the rules were and could I have had the fan
'tested' elsewhere and would the little sticker on the plug be
sufficient 'proof' that this had been done (if not what point is there
to it) please?

It makes me laugh that they want to test a fan,

Me too in a way, considering the state of the wiring on some of the
portable medical kit (outer sheath pulled out of plug top restraining
clamps etc).

but they don't bother
cleaning the hospital properly which causes the spread of diseases.

Well I'd have to say *this* hospital (or wing therein, not our 'local'
either) looked very clean and there was always a cleaner doing their
stuff.

PAT is a joke anyway, it's often a case of slapping a sticker on something.

I'm sure you are right ...

Just pinch the sticker off another appliance - no one checks anyway.

And a plastic (double insulated?) fan anyway ...

All the best ..

T i m