Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete C Pete C is offline

Default Router door hindge recess?

On Jun 22, 11:15 pm, "Brian G" wrote:

BTW, with the hinge screw slots, you normally only 'line' these up on
hardwood doors and frames or those that are stained/polished - what the
point when they are going to be covered with enough paint to fill the screw
slots anyway?

I wouldn't paint normally paint brass hinges/screws, but steel hinges
with pozi screws would look better with a coat of paint. )

As a matter of interest, have you tried removing a screw with
its slots completely filled with paint that years old?

I just clear the slot with a jewellers screwdriver. If it was really
stubbon paint I'd try to soften it with a soldering iron bit first.

cheers,
Pete.

Brian G