Posted to uk.d-i-y
AndyT AndyT is offline

Default P.A.T. and hospitals.

"T i m" wrote in message
Hi All,

My missus recently (last Thurs week) had a new knee fitted (she didn't
fancy me d-i-y'ing it for some reason). g

She's also (still) going through 'the change' so ranges from hot to
volcano at irregular but frequent intervals so we have electric fans
installed at strategic locations here in the house and she carries a
hand fan as a survival tool.

After the op she asked if there was an electric fan available of any
sort and they found her one ("Reception, no not remove" type of
thing).

That was fine for a couple of days but then they needed it for a
'patient with a temperature' (no probs with that etc) but knowing how
dependant she is on one, I asked if it was possible to 'bring one in
from home' (or B&Q round the corner etc).

The reply was 'yes, but it will take a week to get it tested so .. '

I assume they were talking about PAT here (not biological testing) and
I was wondering what the rules were and could I have had the fan
'tested' elsewhere and would the little sticker on the plug be
sufficient 'proof' that this had been done (if not what point is there
to it) please?

All the best ..

T i m

p.s. If anyone here has been though this op and would like to share
any thoughs / advice off like please my addy is good. Thanks.

It makes me laugh that they want to test a fan, but they don't bother
cleaning the hospital properly which causes the spread of diseases.
PAT is a joke anyway, it's often a case of slapping a sticker on something.
Just pinch the sticker off another appliance - no one checks anyway.