Posted to uk.d-i-y
Hugo Nebula Hugo Nebula is offline

Default Cavity wall construction

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 15:55:37 +0100, a particular chimpanzee, "Roger
Mills" randomly hit the keyboard and
produced:

Hugo Nebula abuse@localhost wrote:

With the caveat that the BCO won't design it for you, and will get
very ****ed off very quickly if you start asking him to.

I didn't suggest that he would. But hopefully he will tell you what U value
you need to achieve, and where to find tables of material properties that
you will need when working out how to achieve it, and things like that.

No problem with that, but it's the owners who ask, "what size rafters
do I need?", "how much insulation do I need in the walls, roof and
floor?", "what's a damp-proof membrane?". I've some single storey
extensions in progress that I've spent more hours on than I have on
whole housing estates or multi-storey office blocks. The owner saves
£500 on a set of plans, everyone else who puts plans in has to cover
the £500 of extra work it takes to sort out their mess.
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have you strayed?"