Posted to alt.home.repair
Mortimer Schnerd, RN Mortimer Schnerd, RN is offline

Default Carpet has a wave bump now?

wrote:
Strange that this would happen to a relatively new house. Before i
bought this house, i lived in a 20yr old house for like 11 yrs and not
once did the carpet do this. I'm going to ask the builder to get this
corrected since they obviously didn't do a good job of stretching
this. Either that or i should send the bill to the builder. I'm not
too happy right now. Thanks for info.

Actually, I'd expect it to be more likely to happen in a newer installation
rather than an older one. The new carpet stretches... the old one has stretched
as far as it can and won't any more. Make sense?

This isn't all that uncommon and it's not hard to fix. Just get some carpet
guys to come out and restretch it. The next time ought to be the charm.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com