Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob the Tomato Bob the Tomato is offline

Default Plans for a wooden forklift or pallet lifter/mover? (JT?)

I recently saw a video of a guy who is building a replica stonehenge
*by himself* using simple machines to gain the necessary leverage.
Ahhh. here it is:

http://www.theforgottentechnology.com/

Bob the Tomato

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 02:15:06 -0500, "Morris Dovey"
wrote:

Bob the Tomato wrote:
| What about a giant see-saw? You could put the pallet on a platform
| on one end, then stack weights on the other end until it
| counterbalances and raises the pallet to the truck deck height.
| Then wheel up to the pallet with the driver's pallet jack and slide
| it into the truck.

Kind of like a trebuchet, except that it doesn't actually /throw/ the
pallet? :-)