Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] aaronfude@gmail.com is offline

Default Help with a big thermostat problem

Hi,

I was trying to move a Bryant thermonstat to a different part of the
wall and everything went well except when I reconnected the wires and
closed the thermostat the thermostat did not turn on. It is the first
thermostat found he http://www.thermostatusa.com/BryantResidential.asp

I had not turned of the A/C unit off when I was doing this and I saw a
couple sparks when the wires touched. I was wondering whether I may
have popped a breaker, but all breakers seem to be intact. All lights
everywhere in the house are on. There's a wetness tester next to the A/
C unit and the green "on" light is not on - I don't know whether it
was on before.'

I would appreciate any suggestions. Are there tests that I can perform
to identify what's not working?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron