Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] pat@patwarner.com is offline

Default Using a router for edge jointing

Can be done, see link for one setup:
http://patwarner.com/routertable_jointing.html
**************************

On Jun 23, 11:57 am, Hal wrote:
Trying to put a straight edge on several long, thick boards and hoping
there is a good way of using a router and a jig that someone could
recommend.

I don't have a jointer which might be the easiest way but might go ahead
and build a router table with adjustable fence if anyone has had good
experience with jointing boards using this method.

I know some will recommend a #7 hand plane and i have been running up
and down the length of the boards with my #5 Stanley and think I'm
getting a fairly square edge on a couple of boards but don't think I
need any more exercise for a while.