Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default Denuding the land

"dpb" wrote in message ...
Eigenvector wrote:

...That part the really ****es me off about weeds is that they grow so
nicely in the garden, under the eaves, in the bushes, but they don't seem
to grow in the lawn to fill in those dead spots that I perennially have.

That's undoubtedly because those dead spots have something locally wrong
with them -- there's a rock just underneath the surface, a bunch of clay
left over from the basement dig, too acidic/basic, any number of other
things. If it's significant, find the problem(1) and fix it and you'll
have weeds galore!

(1) To adequately determine what the problem really is might entail a soil
sample if a little digging doesn't uncover an obvious cause...

--

Ehh, I already know the answer, its just implementing it is more expensive
than bitching and moaning about it.

Rototilling the entire front lawn would be more than I want to do just quite
yet.