Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Denuding the land

Eigenvector wrote:
Is there an herbicide, LEGALLY available, that will utterly kill any grasses
and dandilions without poisioning the waterfoul or turn my yard and
surrounding countryside into a desert wasteland?

I'd like to spray a 18" strip around my house's foundation to rid myself of
all vegetation BEFORE I rototill it up and put down heavy fabric and rocks.
But I fear that anything that can kill bermuda grass (of which I have an
abundance) and rabbit brush will also lay my yard to waste

Roundup is probably the best choice from what is available w/o an
applicators' license. It won't kill what it isn't applied to (that is,
it isn't soil residual).

It will certainly kill Bermuda but unless you get rid of _all_ traces of
Bermuda, being what it is, it'll soon be back from elsewhere. And, of
course, having had it, even if you kill all the current living, the seed
from previous is still around to germinate and start over again.