Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default carpentry question

We are replacing part of a bathroom floor along side a non support wall.
This is because the floor was not installed level and also suffered water
damage. The carpenter said we should put blocking under the wall between
joists since we will be cutting the plywood subfloor next to it and the wall
might eventually sag without the blocking. I certainly agree. The question
I have is should the plywood be just laid and nailed on top of the blocking
or should we add blocking perpendicular and between those first blocks so
the cut edge of the plywood has something to sit on. Thanks for your
advice.