Posted to uk.d-i-y
Part timer Part timer is offline

Default US/UK telephone compatibility

On 23 Jun, 08:57, Tim Lamb wrote:
Question from my daughter..... who, having acquired a *sit up and beg*
American push button telephone wonders why it does not work when plugged
into her UK domestic telephone socket.

Vague fatherly explanations such as different voltage/pins used/etc.
have not satisfied:-)

I don't know the actual origin of the unit: nicked from some hotel or
purchased for normal use over there but I am sure someone in here will
be able to explain the problem.

regards

--
Tim Lamb

Have you seen:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/4gu1
and section on foreign phones:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/dkccd ?
I must say Peter Parry's WPP Ltd website (the above links) have helped
me out on more than one occasion with my phone wiring issues, and even
gave me the confidence to DIY it. Thanks!