Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Elbows OK in Kitchen hood exhaust?

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 20:17:03 -0400, "CompleteNewb"
wrote:

Unfortunately, the stove is on the wrong side of the kitchen; the stove is
against the wall that's leading to the inside of the house, not against the
wall that's the outside of the house. SO, if my hood exhaust goes straight
up with no elbows, it will need to got through the 1st floor ceiling, then
the "cubby space" (behind the little straight wall ofupstairs, where you can
see rafters) of the 2nd floor, and up through the roof of the house about
haflway down the roof as seen from outside.

We all have hoods that just circulate through a filter (carbon?) that
costs 15 or more dollars to replace!

Except for 1 of the 100 townhouses which was owned by the electrician
who wired the other houses. He had lots of extra lights, along his
sidewalk etc, plus one could see the vent above the sliding glass door
in front, He had obviously vented the hood to above the kitchen
ceiling, then 12 feet forward to the front wall, and vented over the
SLDoor. He was** an immigrant, so I don't know if he allowed for the
greasy dirt factor or not. Not all stove fumes have grease in them,
do they? **Still alive but moved to a bigger house.