Posted to alt.home.repair
swing swing is offline

Default white stuff stick to float switch of sump pump

On Jun 22, 3:08 pm, mm wrote:
On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 19:35:00 -0700, swing wrote:

I don't know if the water soft or not. It is New York City water.

NYC water is not hard, and it's not as soft as what comes out of a
water softener. It comes from huge reservoirs upstate, and is just
right for most purposes.

Have they finished the third water tunnel yet? I think they have been
working on it for 50 or more likely 70 years.

Does any one knows what those white stuff is? It is thick like
plumbing putty and heavy. That is why the float switch does not float
after the stuff "grows" on it. thank you.