Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Whole Hog Pigroast..?

h wrote in message ...

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. ..

h wrote in message
Whenever I did a large (200+ person) Medieval feast I always included a
roast pig. I never cooked the pig myself, I just had the place supplying
the animal roast it. I'd send some guys to pick it up with a fancy
tray/litter for it, and then they'd carry it into the hall and the crowd
would go nuts! I'd recommend having the supplier roast it for you.

No sense of adventure? May as well just get a canned ham if you are
subbing out all the cooking.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Just the pig. I cooked the rest of the 6 course meal. Since we were at a
school or a church, where exactly would we have roasted an entire pig?

In the schoolyard would be good.

I'm not doubting that in some circumstances it may be best to have it done,
but read your last line where you state:
"I'd recommend having the supplier roast it for you."

The OP is experienced with outdoor cooking and he is doing a 40 pound pig.
Why would you recommend he have the supplier roast it for him? What makes
you think the supplier has the facilities to do so or the desire to do so?
Mine certainly does not. He sell pigs. He does not cook them.

In most cases, cooking the pig (or other animal) is a social event also.
I've been to many where we gathered for two or three days and shared in many
portions of the work. Why would we want the supplier to do it for us? You
can see some of this on my web page.