Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Ionics home water system treatment opinion

On Jun 21, 8:43 pm, "Dave" wrote:
I have been thinking of getting this system installed in my home and was
wondering what your opinions of this system is. The system includes a softer
and whole house filter system. Also included is a reverse osmosis system for
the drinking water which would be connected to the frig icemaker, frig and
kitchen sink drinking water faucets. Thank you for your opinions and advice.

Have you really stopped to consider what all the benefits of all this
$$$ system are costing? Soft water is nice in many really hard water
communities, but many peole come to dislike the slimy showers that
soft water produces. Filtration is a joke, really. The particulates
that may show up in water have never been shown to cause harm to
anyone that I am aware of. Do you think that filtered water will give
your poop a better flush? The vast majority of people can't tell the
differance between Evian and municipal water supplies. so why not put
the money on your mortagage principle and take a nice vacation trip to
Monaco in a few years?
Of course, I may be all wrong if you have some of the rare Western
water sources like 'gyp water', so do more research and interview
Culligan and others, too. Good luck.

Joe