Posted to alt.home.repair
miamicuse miamicuse is offline

Default How to mount door handles?

"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 21, 1:43 pm, wrote:

RicodJour I think I get the picture, so the exterior end is threaded
and screwed on to this "bolt-stud" no problem. The other side is
mounted on and tightened with a set screw, the set screw bites on to
the knob shaped end and tightens up further.

So I had the wrong idea, I thought may be it's just a "rod" and set
screws on both sides.

What this means is that these handles requires this special bolt that
is designed for a specific door thickness. I cannot just buy two
handles and expect them to work without knowing what the bolt they
come with is designed for what door thickness...unless this bolt is a
generic item that may be found at any hardware store.

It's not a typical item. The handle set must be designed that way and
the stud-bolt is most certainly not standard to anyone but the OEM.

Got it! Thanks!

MC