Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Farber David Farber is offline

Default Old automatic gate controller question.

"James Sweet" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 21, 2:53 pm, "David Farber" wrote:

Sorry about this incomplete message. It was erroneously sent. I think

the
solution will be to replace the noisy relays with new ones.

That, it would. Stanley makes (made) good stuff, and 28 years ain't
nohow half-bad. If all it is is relays, count yourself lucky.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Might be worth checking to see if there's a diode or rectifier bridge in
there. A shorted diode could cause AC to be fed to relay coils expecting

DC
which will make them chatter or buzz.

I dismantled this thing last year. There are only switches and relays. But
now that you mention it, maybe some of the relays were improperly replaced
with dc relays or the diodes are missing? I'm not the original person
working on this controller.

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber