Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Self Charlie Self is offline

Default When do you need a bottom stretcher

On Jun 22, 1:59?pm, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Charlie Self wrote:

Hang in there. The web does wondrous things. Last month, I got a note
from a guy I went to high school with. He's out in Santa Barbara now,
a goodly distance from Cross River, NY, but had to come to Tennesee
for a sailplane meet and drove on here for a night. We hadn't seen
each other in, according to him, 38 years.

I've been very fortunate over the years.

My high school class has held a reunion every 5 years since our 10th year.

First one I attended was the 25th, boy did I go to school with a bunch
of old fartsG.

We wore badges with our yearbook pictures on them.

With out those badges, nobody would have recognized anybody.

Since then, have attended 35, 45 & 50.

The grim reaper made several calls between 45 & 50.

50 was a major event, doubt we will have another.

OTOH, never had anything with my college class.

Lew

Ah, well. If memory serves, Gene was the only guy I got along with in
HS. Our 50th was this year, and I didn't even bother checking it out.
I can find plenty of fat, old people who think they're better than
everyone else without leaving this county.